Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Riding in a Rickshaw





Rickshaws are literally everywhere. I ride them when I go out on my own. These pictures are of the inside and a private one. Note the fancy interior upholstery, and the cockpit controls. These things don't go very fast, and have very little torque. I'm told that they run on petrol, but the guys add kerosene to it to make it go farther and it also pollutes more. They're fun to ride in, and they have meters some time, but the guys always charge me more than what it is suppose to be because I'm American. It's still only a couple of bucks to go 5-10 kilometers. In New York you can't sit in a cab for $2.00. All of the ones for hire are yellow and black and are licensed in some fashion by the city. They are nowhere close to the caliber of the English taxi. These guys routinely ask each other how to get to places.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

like our Tuk Tuk in Thailand:)

kimberlydawn said...

that's cool, i'd love to have one here in bardstown, tee hee

Anonymous said...

i think lincoln needs some of these, lets begin the import