Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Been to the Doc

Tonight I had an MRI. It showed that there is an inflammation on my brain at the base of the left side (which controls the vision for the right side) caused probably by a minor blockage. The headache that I have is due to the inflammation. The blockage is over. I'm going back tomorrow to get another MRI with dye to see if there is any significant obstruction in the blood vessels. If so, I'll probably need major work. If not, I'll be good to go. At least that's the way I understood it. I did find out for sure though that my chances for living to be 100 years old are extremely slim. Sorry for alarming everyone. I'm sure I'll be OK until the next crisis. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

we love you,and cannot wait to see you soon.....nicki

kimberlydawn said...

so, i guess your prepped for the "next crisis"...lol
thanx for checkin' w/the doc, dad...i know you did that for all of us, and now we feel better and that's all that matters, tee hee
i love you very much and i guess it's true what they say "one day at a time" clearly you have proven that is all we have, and sometimes even that is too much! hang in there and keep talking to the Master, it's all good!

Anonymous said...

You said, you won't live to be 100...who know it could be 101:)You told me that i need to be young forever so i can take care of you. What about grow young and healty together:):):)

Josh Nix said...

What a freak thing to happen now or all time.

Tobin said...

that is good to hear. i hope the next mri has a good outcome! whew i am so glad! hope your headache fades soon, and ill keep prayin, you were all i thought about all day ed! god bless