Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The "Down and Dirty" Diagnosis

I'd love to put one of the x-ray pictures with this one, but you will have to imagine that for yourself, they are bigger than my computer.

In a nutshell, here is the report of Dr. Sampath Kumar

IMPRESSION:
- Left posteromedial temporo parietal gyrifrom T2W & Flair hyperintensities with restricted diffusion on diffusion weighted images -

Possibilities; a) Acute ischaemia/ acute infarct.
b) Vasculitis

As I understand it, I had a "small stroke", a temporary shortage of blood to my brain which created an unforgetable loss of memory and other important functions, along with a lingering headache. The attending Doctor has stated that I am good to go, and live my life as normal. He would like to perform a couple of tests on me ie. EKG and some other heart related test. I don't know if I'll have that done or not. I am going to go back to get a cd of the neet pictures of my brain, just to prove to some of you that I do have one. ha ha

The amazing part of this deal is the speed of service and the cost. In two days I saw two doctors, had two MRI's, a battery of blood tests, three consultations, and it all cost 11,110 Rupees (approx. $ 247.00). While the hospital is not fancy by our standards, it was very busy and adaquate. It was all part of the adventure.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The title should be "Good to Go":)
We are still praying for you...love....nicki and the gang from ServiceMaster

Jon said...

Thank the Lord you are ok. You had us a little worried. You remain in our prayers.

Cowhand said...

Good to hear Ed.

Well there you go I always wondered if you had a Brain. Suprise! Suprise!

Ed when is your first Trip back?

kimberlydawn said...

dad, glad you've gotten some good news...i will continue to pray for you (and all of us) and am so grateful that i will be able to see you soon, looking forward to the pix of your brain, now...all will be Revealed!! lol

Moginy said...

Cowhand, I will be in America from 11/8 thru 11/16. Got a lot to do in a week too...

Tobin said...

great ed! glad to hear everything will be ok. definitely got me thinkin....we are all ready to see you back home and listen to all your grand stories of all the crazy stuff you have got to experience while there. hope to touch base soon! love ya dog! peace out homes!

Tobin said...

thank you very much for the card and the cookies ed! they truely meant a lot to me.

Josh Nix said...

It's so crazy to think you had a mini stroke in India of all places. glad you good to go but i think it would be smart to do some more test. You never know, you might be able to find something more that could cause future problems. Love ya glad i get to see you so soon.