Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Finally the Reception






Because the weather is usually nice here, the wedding reception was outside in a large open area with a stage on one side, and the other three sides were various types of food booths. There was plenty of variety in Indian food. It was an event where people strolled, mingled, and ate and drank. It was a lot of little buffets and "cook to order" stations. There were some tables, but most people didn't sit much. The bride came out in a cerimonial way to greet the groom, and then they sat on the stage together and received guests and gifts. When I gave them my gift, I was able to take a close-up picture. They are a nice couple, and their parents were very proud!

4 comments:

Josh Nix said...

i like the idea or "cook to order" stations

nicki said...

I like that as well....love..nicki:)

Edith said...

I doubt if I would have eaten much. I am on a very strict eating regime now because of the weight and the pain. But it really sounds neat. Yes, I would go for the cook to order also.

kimberlydawn said...

wow! very extravagant! the outfits are wild!