Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Electric Car



I got a chance to ride in a Reva electric car. It was pretty cool. Here it is considered a pretty expensive. It costs 4,25,000 Rs or about $8,500 to buy. However where it costs 2-5 Rs per kilometer to run the average car here, it only costs about .4 Rupee / kilometer to run this one. It goes 80 kilometer per hour and will go about 80 k between charges. Runs smooth and quiet, and is a good car for this traffic environment. It was a fun ride. Mr. Kishore is a coworker and he owns it.

3 comments:

kimberlydawn said...

loooove it! would love to have one of those! do u know if the "smart car" is electric? we've seen 'em sellin' on the car lots here in btown, so i am guessin' they're not, but what do i know? i just love how small it is and think it looks cool!

nicki said...

I love it too:)

Edith said...

I can also echo their comments, but I would not want one vfor myself. I am afraid I would forget to charge it in time and run out of electricity just when I need it.