Sunday, January 16, 2011

Grand Finally - Leaving Uttaradit






One of the many new experiences for me was the launching of the "balloons". In Thai customs when the new year starts families celebrate by casting away there "bad" from the past. They light the fire in these paper balloons, and let them sale away into the night sky, and with the balloon goes the hurts, problems, negative thoughts and sorrows. It was a great celebration! I had to say goodbye to my two new friends PonChai and HereLek (Nickies cousins) that made me feel like part of the family.

2 comments:

kimberlydawn said...

great balloon idea!
dad, i'm so glad that you were able to connect with a couple guys in your family and that they made you feel so comfortable! i know it must be difficult with everyone speaking thai and maybe a little left out, fantastic that you had some buds for a time!!

Edith said...

This is a great idea. I am glad that you was welcome and helped them get rid of their hurts. You look happy.