Wednesday, January 19, 2011

First Day in Chaing Mai





We traveled to northern Thailand to the city of Chaing Mai where Nickie just happens to have another Aunt. They met us at the airport, and immediately we started siteseeing and learning. We went to one of the local museums, and then toured an umbrella factory where we saw how the umbrellas are hand made. I saw the covered bike,and just had to post a picture for those of you that care. At the end of the first day we went to a resturant next to a lake up in the hills on the outskirts of town. Food was good as usual. To look at our pictures you'd think all we do is eat.

3 comments:

kimberlydawn said...

dad, that is a great picture of you and the bike...that is my kind of bike! keep wearing that smile, it looks good on you!
the gardens are beautiful, too!
that picture of nicki was so life-like! we were cracking up! they have quite different cutout displays than here in America...

Edith said...

I love these pictures. The garden is great and Nicki looks like she belongs there. I also likse the bike but of coarse I could not maneuver it. It is OK to eat as long as you are on vacation but watch the food when you come back home. I can agree with Kim, your smile looks GREAT on you.

Josh Nix said...

I like how you changed you blog to "Traveling and Learning" because it is so true cait and I have been having many dicussions about thailand about what we experienced and learned