Thursday, April 28, 2011

Through the Countryside & Past the Mountains






We drove past a market in full swing. Shopping here is done the old fassion way. We saw some mud houses that people are living in and I took a good shot of the mountains that sit adjacent to Morogoro. My bed in the hotel has a mosquito net, and I thought I would show off how rich I am. All of the thousands of 'dirty' shillings that you see are less than $200.00. One US dollar is equal to 1,500 Tanzanian Shillings. Food is pretty cheap here though, You can buy a good dinner for 12,000 Shillings, ( $8.00)

3 comments:

nicki said...

I definitely love the net over the bed...bring back some old memory at Grandma:)

kimberlydawn said...

this is really interesting dad, thanks for posting all the pix! i am praying for you everyday ... by the way, you are rich wherever you go, your the child of a King!

Edith said...

My sentiments exactly Kim. Yes Ed you are a Child of THE KING. Thanks for sending the pictures and now I will get going to the church for the Garage Sale set up. I pray for you often and especially at night when I go to bed. I think it may be day there. Keep safe and hurry home.