Saturday, April 30, 2011

Saturday Day 3 - Grand Finale






This morning I had a nice b-fast of soup, fruit, juice, and tea at the 'Sofia'. Then off to class I went. I had studied more, and learned a few words in Swahili, and prepared a special little surprise for my friends. The day got off to a great start with praise and worship that involved 'train dancing' around the room. It was pandamonium! haha
During the Q&A time there was a spirited debate about a principle that I proclaimed, and a lady came to the defence of the issue. (Essentially I pointed out that the axiom that "winners never quit, and quiters never win" is not always true.) I stated that winners always quit doing things that don't support their mission. I could not effectively debate the point through an interpreter though. Hence, this kind lady told the guy that was questioning the issue to chill! haha
At the end of the day they took a love offering for VHM by letting people come up and drop their money into the box.
Gabriel introduced me to his wife and we took a shot.

3 comments:

Edith said...

Breakfast looks good!!! Better than what I had today, but I will eat at Wendy's for lunch. Good looking couple.

kimberlydawn said...

wow, it can get kinda tricky when you have the language barrier! whew, thank goodness the woman came to your defense! surely they will get the point once they study the materials more ... good that they were paying attention too!! fantastic!

kimberlydawn said...

oh, i would just love pandimonium and a train dance to start worship service!! i may get lost through my own tears tho!! how beautiful to be a part of that!