Saturday, April 30, 2011

People of the Community & Church






People praising God in a way that you know they are serious! Elikia & Bismas Mangai were very friendly to me and told me that when I come again I must visit their home. She (Elikia)is a nurse, and Bismas is a factory technician. There are also a couple of shots of people listening to me teach. They had to listen real good, because with the interpreter and my bad Swahili it was cumbersome to say the least. On the first day it was really bad. I taught one class and then Peter took over for the second class. He is a GREAT speaker. I really felt bad. Luckily the lesson was 'Failing Forward' so I made up my mind to study and work harder.

3 comments:

nicki said...

Sweetie...i cannot wait to go back with you in Oct.

Edith said...

It is not easy being a Missionary but it is worth it. I would love to go again, I would love to go in July but it is not possible so I will just pray for the ones that are able to go. Those people are really getting into worship.

kimberlydawn said...

how cool that God used this mission to help you FAIL FORWARD! that is such a blessing!
i really wish we had a church like that here! the people look like they are joyful when they are up and dancing, so attentive when they are listening! very very cool, i am beginning to understand why you had to go ... you were called! God Bless You, Dad!