Saturday, November 1, 2008

Bars, Bikes and Buddies





Went to a bar today that was about 10 feet wide 20 feet long and 4 stories tall. Its
where my friend Ashok developed his disease. The place was interesting. Of course I had "fresh lime soda with salt" (an exotic new drink I've discovered quite by accident that I love) and Ashok had a Pepsi. We reminisced about the hundreds of rupee spent there, and the many close calls going up and down the spiral staircase. The bike of course is a Royal Enfield which so far, is my favorite here. I'm told that I can buy one for around $ 1500.00. I'll probably have to do that when I return. Of course, my buddies are starting to join me daily for lunch. They eat packets of ketchup, onions, or anything else I put on the window sill.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why did you guys pick a bar to go to? Are there many of them in India, we knew there were too many in England when we there in 1988.

Moginy said...

This was Ashok's old hang out, and he wanted to show me. Keep in mind that he has been sober 2 months almost. I'm glad to go with him if he must go. He learned a lesson today.

kimberlydawn said...

hmmm....it would be tough for me to go to the playground - 2 mos. sober, what lesson did he learn?

Moginy said...

If you don't want a hair cut, there's no point in going to the barber shop.

Tobin said...

lol, sounds true ed! awsome pics! i really like that bike, the monkeys are awsome. when you come back leave a trail of ketchup packets so a monkey will follow, i really want one

Josh Nix said...

i need a buddy like that.

Also i think Tobin is going to lose that beat he hasn't been over here in a while to work on his bike.

Anonymous said...

you mean lose the bet?:):):) Slow down my boy....!Tobin.....get back in the game, it's never too late.

Jon said...

I think we should get some monkeys for our office. Can you bring a couple back?

Anonymous said...

I like the new title as well...nice moved! cannot wait to see you..love..nicki:)