Friday, February 12, 2010

Cowboy Bill's Honky Tonk Saloon






My old Army buddy Richard "Rocko" Yates is the main DJ at Cowboy Bills, and we were very pleased to find him and spend a couple of hours watching him work. He is very good at what he does, and we were struck by his dedication and the amount of joy he gets out of doing it. This night he was spinnin' tunes, introducing drink specials, and announcing the winners and loosers in the ladies bull riding competition. The picture of us together is a little doctored. Rocko is about a foot taller than me, but I am standing on a step!!

4 comments:

kimberlydawn said...

love the door handles!
cool that you were able to meet up with him~

nicki said...

Wow! Kimmy i liked that too...did not noticed that!!!

Edith said...

Very good!! I like what I am seeing and feel like I am there sometimes. I hope to travel a little this summer, I am saving some money to take my trip with. I am happy for you that you are so fortunate to see so much of this great country, now that you have been almost around the world. Take your time and ENJOY your trip. Love you MOM

Josh Nix said...

I think i need a vacation as well, He looks a little different that i had remembered.