Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Killing time in Chennai

I'm staying at the Hotel Manhattan in Chennai (about a one star facility). Having a rough time with my stomach, so I skipped dinner last night and slept instead. Got up early, and am waiting until about 9:30 when the team is ready to go. I always bring a book with me, and this time at least I have the internet. I had a couple hours to kill, so I had a leisurly breakfast, and am reading my book. "Heaven" by Randy Alcorn, thick book, but very informative about my final destination and permenant home.

I attended the Muslim "feast" the other night at my driver(Harun's) house. It was not a big deal. He made the meal, Curry Chicken and Mutton (goat), and rice, and vegetable curry with some sort of sweet for desert. I ate cautiously, but I'm sick most of the time anyway. I look forward to the day when "food processing" gets back to normal.

Sorry no flashy pics this time, I'll shoot some later.

2 comments:

kimberlydawn said...

i'll keep you in my prayers, dad...
i sure hope you get to feeling better! i love you!

Edith said...

I was told that you can expect some discomfort with the type surgery you had, but I will pray harder for it to pass. One of my pet phrases is: This Too Shall Pass. And I honestly believe it will. Try not to eat anything that you know will upset your stomach. Too much curry can't be good for it since it is so spicy.