Sunday, September 20, 2009

Dead Time in Bangalore



I have been real busy this time while here in India. Part of it is that Nickie and I have been enjoying doing things together, like going to TGI Fridays for "special meat" meals and traveling to new and different places like Madamapalle. Right now, Nickie is in Thailand visiting her family, it is a holiday in India, and I had one appointment this morning, so the rest of the afternoon is completely unscheduled. It feels good to not be going somewhere, coming back from somewhere, or be expected to be doing something productive. I do already miss Nickie, but I know the trip will do her good. She has a lot of dead time while I am at work and traveling every week. For me, I usually have dead time when I am in the airport waiting for a plane, or sitting in some company lobby waiting for an appointment that is always late. It's funny how this apartment in Bangalore has become home, and I really value my time here relaxing, and being "unscheduled". Tonight I have been invited to a Muslim feast to celebrate the end of the past month of fasting. My driver is hosting the deal at his house, so I felt complelled to agree to go. I may not like most of the food, but he will appreciate the fact that I came. I'll try to get some good shots.

3 comments:

Edith said...

I am convinced that there is good people in all walks of life. I am very glad that you have the opportunity to do all that you are doing. Just take care of yourself and do a GOOD job of everything. Love you, MOM

Josh Nix said...

Man if i were that busy i dont think i would wanna go to a party but that was nice of you to think of him.

kimberlydawn said...

nicki is so pretty...
your a good and thoughtful guy dad! love you guys!!