Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Computer Breakdown Blues

My life has never depended on technology like it does today. My laptop went south on me, the display went out, and it caused a real panic. All of a sudden my contact with all of you that I love was gone. I was restless all day on Sunday, and on Monday I went across Bangalore to the HP repair place to find out that a new screen cost Rs 19,000 and 10 days to install. That's about $413, but the 10 days without "Betsy" was not tolerable. I bought a new laptop from HP across the street from my office, and it is better than "Betsy". It's "Matilda", and it's pretty too!! It has fingerprint recognition, built-in web cam, and it is 100 times smarter than I am. I will get all of my stuff transferred to this one in a couple of days. I'm sorry for being absent, but I've been working more, and haven't seen a lot of unique stuff to take pictures of. I went to an Indian theater and saw Transporter #3 with a couple of friends from AA. They have intermission during the movie here! They stop the film for 10 minutes so you can go pee. I liked that idea, even though I didn't need to go. We also shopped, and had a good time. I ate at subway. It was a little different, but same format.

I'm Luvin' you all, Stay tuned, and I'll post more...

7 comments:

Edith said...

Things happen to computers that we can't fix. Mine is back to making a noise like heavy Thunder. The person that I asked about it told me that it sounds like some other program or something is trying to invade my computer and the firewalls are keeping it from loading on. I hope this is all this is. I can deal with this but I would be lost without mine and I am not a busined person. I am happy that you got a new one.

kimberlydawn said...

dad...it was really good to hear from you today! i'm glad your back in communicado...love how that works, something breaks get a new one, lol...
you don't have to see something unique to post, we just like hearing from you...
i like the intermission idea, too!

Josh Nix said...

sounds like you are starting to live life like and indian. glad you got you a new computer, specking of new computer i won't mind a new one i am going on three and half years with "Sally" it time for a "Sue"

Moginy said...

Josh, I think "Sally" cost more than "Betsy" and "Matilda" combined. You better "love the one you're with". Love ya-- Dad

Anonymous said...

I loved to use more of my computer these days to see what you are up too:)

Anonymous said...

I just posted my comment and it showed as Summer...what's going on?
nicki

Tobin said...

that would be bad if we lost contact ed! my computer has been down too. hopefully our luck with technology will get better. by the way... the bikes coming along nicely :)