Thursday, May 27, 2010

Motorcycle Trip to Key West, Florida






Between May 15 and May 23, we traveled 4,100 miles. My friend Dan and I towed our motorcycles to Jackson Mississippi, and from there rode them to Key West. We met up with my brother Jerry, uncle Buddy, and cousin Wayne. The car part of the trip was 1,800 miles, and the bike part was about 2,300 miles. We had a good time. We did get some rain in Key West, which put a cloud over our activities. We had the waitress take our pictures at I-HOP, and at Sloppy Joes. We parked and walked on one of the abandoned bridges that runs along side of the new bridge connecting the islands of the Keys. Of course, I had to give instruction to the "sweeper", and Wayne is standing at the proof that we went as far south as the bikes can take us.

4 comments:

kimberlydawn said...

fantastic! looks like you guys had a great time - despite the weather! the ihop table picture reminds me of "wild hogs"...tee hee! glad you all got home safely! love you!

Josh Nix said...

Wild Hogs is exactly what i was thinking. I am sad i missed it but it looks like i need to be 30 years older to join you guys

nicki said...

Glad you guys got home safe:)

Edith said...

I am very thankful that all of you were able to make the trip. I am happy that you still had a good time in spite of the weather. You look happy in the pictures.
I was at the place where Wayne is standing back in 1995 when Dad and I went to Grand Bahama for our first time on the Big Red Boat. This cruise I won. It was a nice wedding anniversary, # 47th.