Monday, May 31, 2010

Hot Rod Super Nationals-Lincoln 2010






This weekend I volunteered to work at the Super Nat's that were held here in Lincoln. I helped two days with registration, and helped with the "burnout" competition on one day. It was pretty good. Of course, we cruised up and down main street in the evening, and Speedway Motors had a big "Ice Cream Social". Here are shots of the event. The general fair grounds, a 1940 Ford (one of my favorite cars) doing the burnout contest, and one of the engines that the local mechanics trainees put together. The engine building contest requires that they build the engine from scratch against another team to see who can do it the fastest. The winning team did it in 14 minutes 38 seconds!!! And they started it right up!!! The taxi really caught my eye because we use to have a "Checker" car when I was a kid. I'd like to have one now. The "Royal Enfield" with the side car was done by a friend of mine, and it was a great job. I fell in love with the old style of this bike while I was in India.

2 comments:

kimberlydawn said...

fantastic! love the pictures~ i especially like the motorcylce with the sidecar...think i can talk mike into tradin' his in for one of those? ha ha ha {i think s* and i could easily fit in there}

Edith said...

WOW! I am glad that you are having fun since you retired. This looks like it it interesting.