Friday, January 8, 2010

A Dear Friend has Gone to Heaven




A dear friend of ours, Pastor Sampath Kumar has passed away. I only knew him for a short time, but he had tremendous impact on me during our brief friendship. He saw in me what I couldn't see, and encouraged me to take steps of faith that I did not think were possible for me. He assured me that "God has a very important plan for my life", and he was sure that God had specifically spoke to him to encourage me. Pastor Sampath involved Nickie and I with some of the people of Madanapalle. We visited their churches, I delivered a message (pastor Sampath translated), and it is one of the most important events of my life. I never felt worthy to deliver a message, preach, or be an example of Christianity for other believers, but Pastor Sampath insisted that God wanted me to. I learned from him that Gods plan for my life is much bigger than mine, and he demonstrated his belief in that idea every time we were together. Pastor Sampath demonstrated a love toward Nickie and I that will live on in our memories forever, and will always remind us of the love that God has for us. Although I am very sad that he is gone, I am confident that he is having a great time in heaven with Jesus.

Please pray for his four sons and wife, father,and sister that he leaves behind.

2 comments:

kimberlydawn said...

i will keep his family in my prayers...thank God for the blessing this man was able to have on yours & Nicki's lives...our God is an awesome God!

JAICHAND SUDERSHAN said...

Dear Ed and nicki,
I was there along with Bill when he breathed his last. Through the last few hours of his life his entire focus was God! He asked me to read a few psalms for him and asked me to read John 3:16 which he repeated. He then prayed with his sons and wife and then lay down as if going to sleep...his only regret was, i guess that he couldn't do more for God! But he left a deep impression on all of us - that we can, like him, give god our all, and our best.