Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sad and Alone - Wishing I was there

All of the Nix family joined together yesterday for Lauren's and Bret's wedding. I'm sure it was quite the affair. I just know the food was good, the bride was beautiful, the band was great, and I'm positive the photos will make it look even better. (Josh was a photographer). However, I missed it. I am still in Bangalore. Oh poor me. ha ha I trust that everyone had a good time, and I wish the newly weds the best of what married life has to offer. I'm sure that some of the people who put a lot of work into the wedding are relieved that it's over and I wish them luck getting back to normal. The young couple have probably departed on their honeymoon by now, and I pray for their safety and joy. I also pray that my other family members will make it back home safely. I plan to be there for the next wedding!!

5 comments:

kimberlydawn said...

i guess i'm not part of the Nix family - now i'm in the Hopkins family...either way, i didn't make if but thought often yesterday of Lauren as she is embarking on quite a thrill ride, tee hee, and i was sitting in on a Marriage Conference...

nicki said...

We wish you were there with all of us as well. Josh and i made it back home safely....love..nicki

Josh Nix said...

things were definitely not the same without you dad i look forward to seeing you soon. Caitlyn says Hi and looks forward to spend sometime getting to know you.

Edith said...

I went to the wedding and really enjoyed it. It was a beautiful wedding and the reception was a lot better than I was ever at before. We missed you Ed but looking forward to seeing you at the next wedding on June 4. In the meantime there are 3 college graduations to be had also. Love you MOM

Samantha Nix said...

I missed you at the wedding too, Uncle Eddie! Chris was there cracking me up, of course, but it wasn't quite the same amount of laughter as it would have been with you there. Plus, I think we needed at least one more person to pick on Lauren for crying through a tiny portion of her vows.

I'm so happy that we're going to be lucky enough to have you in town on June 4th for my wedding!

Be safe, and take care of yourself!