Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Absolute Highlight of the Trip






On Friday befor we headed back to New Delhi, Prakash took us to have lunch at his parents house. (He is from Dehradun.) His family was very nervous to have three Americans coming to their home, and almost the entire family was there to celebrate his neice "Anishka's" first birthday. They were very nice to us. Gave us gifts, fed us a nice meal, and welcomed us into their home. We expressed how much we love and appreciate their youngest son, Prakash, and "Kaushalya Devi",(mom) broke down in tears of pride. It is obvious that all of the brothers and sisters are proud as can be of Prakash. Dad, "Ganga Ram Binjola" is an extreemly fit 80 year old, that is very proud of his son, and very loving to his grandchildren. Oldest brother "Harish" is a taylor. I bought two shirts from him that fit great, and he is making me a suit. Ashok, the other brother is the father of Anishka, and he takes good care of mom and dad. We met sister "Babita" in the store on the way to the parents house, and she was hiding to avoid meeting us because of her shyness. Now she has requested that I visit her house when I come back to Dehradun. Three nephews were there, Adarsh, Tushar, and Tetesh. I told them that I would show the girls in the US their pictures.

It is easy to see why Prakash is such a good guy. He comes from great stock! His family is very loving and supportive. The highlight of this trip was meeting, and breaking bread with the Binjola family.....I hope to do it again some day.

6 comments:

nicki said...

I want to kiss that baby on his cheeks:):):)

nicki said...

Sorry, her cheeks:):):) What a nice family...made me miss mine!

Edith said...

Days like this make the whole trip there worth the while. I am very glad you got to visit the family and learn more about the Indian way. I wish all of America could or would go to a foreign country just to feel the way those people have to live. It would make them appreciate their homes and surroundings even more. Love MOM

kimberlydawn said...

that is such a cool story... what a blessing Prakash is to his family, and how his heart must swell as his parents are so proud...

Josh Nix said...

i am glad you had such a good experience there

Prakash said...

Thank you so much Sir for making visit to my home and turning it to such cool story.
I am grateful for the comments written.
Thank you all...

Love and Regards,
Prakash