Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Slow but Steady Progress



Nickie has now been gone for 10 days, and I am on my own with a little help from the apartment staff, driver and friends. I have held several meetings at my apartment for work issues, and I have been working 3-5 hours per day. I have very little energy, and by 3-4:00 in the afternoon I'm looking to lay down. Most of the physical discomfort seems to collect in my back. I'm still giving myself a shot every day to thin my blood, and will be doing so for another 11 days. After that I will meet with a cardiologist to determine a long term solution to thin the blood. I will see the surgeon next week, and talk about my back.

The bottom line is, I'm on the mend. Still a little shaky, but getting better each day. Thank God. The Pic is the shot. It probably looks scareyer than it is.

5 comments:

Josh Nix said...

hey dad glad to hear things are getting better everyday. I remember when i was supposed to give me shots everyday when i had my clot, but i never did because it burned and hurt when i did it. hope to hear from you soon.

Joel V said...

Keep shooting up... to get better!

kimberlydawn said...

no, i think it looks and probably is pretty scary...funny how you do what ya gotta do when your ill...i'll keep prayin for you :)

Edith said...

Just don't do this any longer than you have to. You will get your blood so thin that when you get the slightest cut you can bleed too much. Take care to be well.

nicki said...

We are 100% behind you...love...nicki