Monday, January 19, 2009

The Belly Button = Where the Indian Got Me


As a little child I remember my uncles telling me that my belly button was where the Indian got me. Well, here is a picture of Dr. K. C. Janardhan, Surgeon. " The Indian that "Got me". In the process he probably saved my life also.

Interesting factoid-- Today Dr. Janardhan removed the stitches. His fee = Rs 50.00 (a bit more than $1.00) I had to purchase a bandage to cover the wound from the Pharmacy at a cost of Rs. 191.00 (approximately $4.00)

India is a land of Contrast and Contradiction....

3 comments:

Nicki said...

to add to that 2 plastic containers cost 500 R. Being in India for one month was one of a life time experiences for me as well...my partner in life..so grateful we have that time together....love...nicki

Edith said...

I think all the trauma you went through was worth more than the cost of what you went through. I have had lots of surgery but nothing to compare with what you just came through. Please obey Dr. ? and you should be OK. God will take care of you, no matter what> Love you MOM

kimberlydawn said...

that is really something! it was good to talk to u today, glad to see u are kinda gettin back to yourself! i love you!