Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Danny's Job at CSX Railyard





Danny drives an overhead crane and lods containers on and off the trains. It was a cool tour that he took me on showing me around his work. The pick-up truck that we rode in is all that is allowed out there, and it is rigged for a laptop so that they can keep track of the various loads. Th huge forklifts can pick up 3-4 trailers at a time and stack them. The yard has 10 working tracks and is over a mile and a half long. It was an interesting "field trip".

2 comments:

kimberlydawn said...

very cool 'fieldtrip'! :)
so he drives the truck? seems like a big responsibility!

Edith said...

What a job!!! I am glad he is able to work it. He and Joey both look very well. I suppose the one with Danny at the beginning of the pictures is their MOM? She looks good also. I never knew the sister.