Sunday, July 25, 2010

20 Year Sobriety Celebration






On Saturday July 24th I celebrated 20 years of sobriety. Nickie planned a nice party for me, and made some yummy BBQ Pork along with meatballs, fruit, veggies, chips and the works, even cake! About 30-40 good AA friends joined us, and we had an open AA meeting in the back yard as part of the get-to-gether. It was a good time, and I feel blessed to have been given this gift of sobriety. I owe the credit to God, a loving family, and great friends in AA. My Sponsor (Larry) presented my chip, and Victor (one of my sponsees) and his wife Rosie joined in the celebration. It was a good time, and I look forward to many more.

3 comments:

kimberlydawn said...

not a teenager, no more!
Happy Happy Happy Birthday dad!
i am so extremely happy for you!
-isn't it a fantastic thing that our God can do?
-to save and sober up...both, me & you!
i love you very very much!

Josh Nix said...

Congratulations dad sorry i wasn't there for the festivities.

benjamin said...

oh Ed! So great! I could think of no better thing to celebrate. Congrats friend. I am a better man for having met you and having the opportunity to journey alongside you. You are a blessing to so many!