Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Visiting Jordan






Jordan was a very interesting place. I stopped there to visit with my friend and ServiceMaster boss, Bisher. We traveled around a bit, saw the Jordan River and Dead Sea. ( We were close to where Jesus was baptized, but didn't have time for the bus ride.) I was also privileged to see the fantastic house that Bisher is having built. In our travels we saw Bedouin goat herders and a lot of the countryside. We also ate in an authentic Arab restaurant. It was a highlight of the trip. I wish I could have spent more time there. Jordan is an interesting place.

3 comments:

kimberlydawn said...

that is so neat dad~ i am not all that interested (as you know) in traveling overseas, however, i am intrigued with Holy Lands...too bad you didn't have time for the bus ride to the place that Jesus was baptized, but sounds like the other things were pretty cool!

Josh Nix said...

jordan looks sweet, the first picture is real good, looks like someone else has a creative eye.

Edith said...

Boy! How lucky can you get! I am happy that you got to take this trip. I would love to go somewhere just one more time but I will someday just not right now. Love You, MOM